ATLANTA, Dec. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cricket Wireless—the Merrier Carrier—announced today that it has achieved the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the Longest non-TV promotional/advert commercial. The 24-hour event hosted on Cricket's YouTube channel from Tuesday, December 20 at 2pm (EST) to Wednesday, December 21 at 2 pm (EST) inspired viewers to share in a full day of merriment!
"From the beginning, Cricket set out to be different, redefining the way a wireless carrier interacts with its customers," said Tiffany Baehman, vice president and chief marketing officer, Cricket Wireless. "This record-breaking live stream is just one of the many ways we are sharing joyful stories through technology, and taking a different approach to spreading cheer this holiday."
The event, hosted by actress Tiffany Smith, actress and singer Lauren Mayhew, actor and host Devon Smith and on-air host and pop culture expert AJ Gibson gave viewers a chance to chat with today's hottest social influencers, catch up with their favorite celebrities and enter for a chance to win great prizes.
Online viewers enjoyed endless reasons to join the 24-hour celebration of the season including:
- Celebrity appearances from guests such as Lucha Underground Champion Johnny Mundo and actor Kel Mitchell
- Musical performances by Calvin C. Winbush Band, Jesse Boykins and other emerging artists
- Painting with mural artist Kiptoe
- 20 questions with magician Steven Brundage
- Breakfast cooking demonstration with junior chef Jimmy Warshawsky
- Baton twirling with Meghan Lamontagne
- Salsa dancing lessons with Junior and Emily Alabi and street dancing with Soup & Brian
- Plus, live demos and tutorials with experts like DIY and décor expert Courtney Sixx, lifestyle expert Theodore Leaf, DIRECTV NOW's Kevin Gonzalgo, wellness expert AJ Johnson, ice sculptor Tatiana Viquez, dancing scientist Jeffrey Vinokur, and hair and makeup artist Melissa Hibbert
Missed any part of the live stream? Check out the replay.
About Cricket Wireless
Cricket is bringing consumers more value with a simple, friendly, and reliable nationwide wireless experience with no annual contract. The power of Cricket is our nationwide 4G LTE network that covers more than 319 million people; easy and affordable plans prices that include monthly taxes and fees; and a great selection of phones customers love. Cricket, Something to Smile About. To check out the new Cricket or find a store near you, visit cricketwireless.com. Learn more on the Cricket newsroom and blog. And connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T Inc. Coverage not available everywhere. © 2016 Cricket Wireless LLC. All rights reserved. Cricket and the Cricket logo are trademarks under license to Cricket Wireless LLC.
SOURCE Cricket Wireless